Blueways are a system of canals, rivers, waterways and lakes connected with a similar environmental theme. It connects people to the water at convenient locations, allowing aquatic recreational opportunities, and transportation by water within a community. Some of the plan goals include:
- Creating a sustainable and thriving environment
- Revitalize waterfront public spaces
- Connect people from land to water
- Increase interaction with the water
- Encourage healthy lifestyles
For more details, download the full plan here.