- This event has passed.
Sea Turtle Season
April 1, 2021 - October 31, 2021
An event every month that begins at 12:00am on day 1 of the month, repeating indefinitely
Loggerhead, Green Turtle, and Leatherbacks come to our beaches every year to lay their eggs. All three of these species are protected by state law which is why it’s important that we work together as a community to help our marine friends. Sea turtle season begins earlier in Miami Beach to account for earlier Leatherback nesting season.
Keep the following tips in mind as you enjoy our perfect Miami Beach weather:
- Never approach turtles emerging from the sea or disturb or harass nesting turtles.
- Stay clear of marked sea turtles nests on the beach.
- Close curtains or blinds at night to prevent interior lights from shining onto the beach.
- Cover, shield, or dim bright lights that face the beach.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends and neighbors that sea turtle season is here.
Take a look at our sea turtle education page to learn about how you can help sea turtles and their hatchlings this season!