Tuesday, January 21, 2020
City Hall Commission Chambers
1700 Convention Center Drive, Third Floor
Join the City of Miami Beach and Jacobs Engineering in a presentation about the road elevation policy and projects prioritization list:
• Learn more about how the recommended road elevation policy will help reduce flooding caused by sea level rise and
• Gain a better understanding of the criteria that Jacobs is using to evaluate and prioritize future projects;
• Provide input prior to the delivery of their recommendations.
Open House - 5:45 PM | Presentation - 6:15 PM
Or watch LIVE on MBTV: AT&T U-verse 99/ Atlantic
Evaluating blue-green infrastructure (BGI)
In April 2019, the City of Miami Beach contracted Jacobs Engineering in a three-task workorder. The first task focused on evaluating blue-green infrastructure (BGI) to advance a more holistic living with water approach.
As part of the City’s Resilience Conversation Series, on September 17, 2019 Jacobs Engineering engaged with the public to present BGI possibilities applicable to the City of Miami Beach.
The presentation illustrated how BGI enhances urban resilience by implementing blue (water) and green (plant-based) elements that help mitigate flooding, as well as:
- depicted how such methods deliver enjoyable recreational and social spaces;
- provided various renderings of BGI concepts designed for Miami Beach;
- offered a forum to facilitate community feedback.
Stay tuned for future public meetings to discuss tasks 2-3 of the workorder.
View or download the meeting presentation below:
View or download the BGI renderings:
View or download topic Q&A: